A MESSAGE FROM THE ORGANISERS
Most triathletes come to races with only a basic understanding of the rules of triathlon. Indeed, few have ever read through the Competitive Rules in there entirety. As this event is a community orientated event where we wish to offer all interested individuals of all ages and abilities the opportunity to compete in a triathlon, we rely on athletes to be as honest and as understanding as possible throughout all parts of the event in order for all to have an enjoyable experience on the day and in future races. In order to minimize misunderstandings on Race Day, I hope you will take the time to read the below details and look forward to seeing you at the race.
.GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA ENTRY FEE:
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED330/-
- Juniors (18yrs & under): AED250/-
- Relay: AED200/-
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the family discount code.
- There is NO on the day registration.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who are a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- Participants cancelling their entry before closing date will have their entry carried over to the next race date.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 athletes get a group discount. Contact email@example.com for more information.
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
- Electronic Timing
- Training T-shirt
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Fruits and Refreshments
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA ENTRIES CLOSE:
Friday at midnight a week before the respective race date. There is NO on-the-day registration.
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA AGE GROUPS:
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day.
- SUPER SPRINT – see course map here
375m swim, 2.7km run, 10km bike, 430m run
Under 19 years, 19 years & Over, Relay
- SPRINT – see course map here
2.7km run, 750m swim, 2.7km run, 20km bike, 430m run
Under 19 years, 19 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 years & over, Relay
- OLYMPIC – see course map here
2.7km run, 1.5km swim, 5.7km run, 30km bike, 430m run
Under 19 years, 19 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 years & over, Relay
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA RACE DAY PROGRAM:
- 05h30 – 07h00 Race check In Opens, Transition Set Up and Warm Up
All competitors need to be checked in before 07h00 as roads leading to the start/finish area will be closed to ALL traffic as from this time.
- 07h00 Race Briefing for All
- 07h10 Bus departs for Hatta Dam for Super Sprint Individuals, Super Sprint relay, runners and swimmers and all Sprint and Olympic relay swimmers
- 07h30 Olympic Start – Male, Female & Relay runners
- 07h35 Sprint Start – Male, Female & Relay runners
- 08h30 Super Sprint Start from Hatta Dam
- 10h30 Prize Giving for all distances
- 10h30 Race Cut off Time ( for Prize Giving )
- 11h00 Official Race Cut Off Time
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Participants must cover the prescribed course in its entirety to obtain a race result and rankings points for that race.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to know the course. Any wrong turns are your responsibility, regardless of the actions of race staff or volunteers.
- Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward an official.
- No participant shall accept from any person (other than a race official) physical assistance in any form.
- Participants shall plainly display their race numbers at all times.
- Follow the directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities
- No participant shall, at any time during the event, use or wear a hard cast, headset, radio or any other item deemed dangerous by the Race Organiser/s.
- No participant shall use his body, head, arms, or legs to gain an unfair advantage, or to push, pull, hold, strike, or force through one or more participants. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- No participant shall leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- Any person who participates in any portion of the event without first properly registering and paying any required registration fee will be disqualified unless special arrangements have been made with the Race Organiser/s.
- No person shall participate in a triathlon or other multi-sport events unless such person is trained adequately for that specific event, as might be expected of a prudent person entering: (a) a similar competition, and (b) is in excellent health, based on recent training, physical examinations, if any, and generally accepted standards of good health.
ON & OFF COURSE BIKE MECHANICS
Pre-Race: VELO PRESTO mechanics will be available from the beginning of registration on race day to assist with any basic repairs and maintenance on a first-come first-served basis. VELO PRESTO will not be able to assemble bicycles or carry out any complex or time-consuming repairs e.g. hydraulic systems.
RACE NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS:
- These will be included in your race pack and bib number must correspond to your chip number.
- Your race data consists of your race number, first & last names, your age category, and the event you have entered.
- Please check these and if there are any errors, email us as soon as possible (Events@SuperSportsUAE.com) so that we may correct your details, otherwise it may lead to incorrect race results and the wrong athletes receiving prizes at prize giving.
- Numbers must be worn for bike and run legs.
- Timing chip to be worn from start to finish.
- Bibs and chips to be returned after finishing the race.
RACE PACK COLLECTION:
- Race packs must be collected from Race Check In on the morning of the race.
- Race check in opens at 6am and closes at 7.30am.
- Race numbers will be emailed out to all competitors and will be on show at Race Check In on the day.
- Once you know your race number, proceed directly to the Race pack collection desk and collect your race pack.
- These will be supplied by the organisers and feature at 2 stations on the Run course as well as at the finish line.
- No water stations will be available on the bike course
- Participants may bring their own beverages as long as they are consumed within the transition area.
- Relay teams may consist of 2 or 3 different athletes and may be comprised of boys / girls / males / females.
- Teams participating in the race must enter all team members in order to receive your race number.
- All relay team members must ensure that they are all the correct age for the respective event or final results will be according to oldest person’s age category.
- The swimmer must ‘tag’ the cyclist who will be waiting at the entrance to transition at the SWIM IN banner. The cyclist must then “tag” the runner who will be waiting in the transition area near the RUN OUT banner before setting off to complete their leg of the Triathlon.
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish schute.
- Please check the ipads in the race village for your race finish time, this helps us to check that your result has been recorded.
- Return your race number and timing chip to designated marshal or collection box.
- Prize Giving will follow as soon as possible once all athletes are finished.
- The presentation will take place as soon as possible after the last competitor is in from the respective race
- Full results will be on the respective websites as soon as possible.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website, after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places per Age Group will be awarded per race.
- You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Photos can be found on Facebook: Super Sports Events and are posted 72 hours after race finish.
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA HASHTAGS:
#gritandtonic #griandtonictri #triathlon #SuperSportsEvent #TriHatta #DubaiSportsCouncil
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA RACE DIRECTOR:
Warren van der Merwe
GRIT + TONIC TRIATHLON HATTA INFORMATION & ENQUIRIES:
Super Sports Events
Phone: +971 50 164 6967