SUPER SPORTS JUNIOR TENNIS TOURNAMENTS & CAMPS
SUPER SPORTS JUNIOR TENNIS TOURNAMENT SERIES
This series of tennis tournaments will offer singles tennis tournaments for boys and girls of intermediate level, or better, who know how to serve properly, score correctly and are able to rally consistently. Boy’s and girls, of equal strength, will be mixed on court for the round-robin part of the tennis tournament guaranteeing all players at least 3 matches per tournament.
Age Groups will be determined by their age on 01 October 2016; if you are 10 years old on 01 October 2016 then you will need to play in the u12 tennis tournament, but if you are 9 or younger on 01 October 2016, then you are eligible for the u10 age group. Same for all other age groups.
VENUE: Dubai College, Dubai, UAE
Directions – click here
TIME: 12h00 TO 16h00
- Online entries ONLY – see link to ENTER EVENTS in main menu.
- Singles = 16 individuals only
ENTRIES CLOSE: Entries close the Wednesday before each event or when tournament is sold out
ENTRY FEE: AED100 per player per tournament
FORMAT OF PLAY
- For the first tennis tournament, individuals will be drawn from a hat and placed in groups of 4 per court for the round-robin part of the tennis tournament.
- For Tennis Tournament 2 and onwards, the top 4 players in the rankings will then be grouped together in the round-robin stage to ensure quality matches against each other and will also then be seeded 1,2,3 or 4 in the knock-out so all 4 players will go through.
- Remaining players will be divided onto courts according to current rankings with non-ranked players randomly assigned to courts.
- Each match in the round-robin stage will be 6 games for u10 while all other matches will be 8 games long with sudden death deuce where the receiver can choose the side to be served to.
- After 3 / 4 games – swap sides.
- Once the match is finished, players need to hand in their score to the Tournament Organiser.
- Points will be allocated as follows: 3 points for a win, 1 point each for a draw and 0 points for a loss.
- The top two individuals from each court – except for the court with the top 4 players on – will advance to the knock-out stage.
- In the event of players having equal points after the round-robin, the winner of the head-to-head result will advance; if this was a draw, then the player who won the most games in all matches will advance. If this is still tied, then a spin of the racket will decide who advances.
- Players advancing through to the knock-out stages will have their names placed on the draw sheet in pre- determined positions.
- Each match in the knock-out stage, including the finals, will be the first individual / team to 4 games with a sudden death tiebreaker (first to 5 points and no leading by 2 points) being played at 3 games each.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- ITF Rules will be followed for all matches.
- Only online entries will be accepted unless special arrangements are made with the organizers to enter otherwise.
- Every player entering the tennis tournament will receive points which accumulate over the tournaments to eventually give you a Series Ranking.
- To qualify for the END-OF-SERIES prize, players need to compete in a minimum of 3 of the 4 tennis tournaments per series with all tournament points accumulated counting toward their ranking.
- So the more tennis tournaments you play in, the more points you stand to accumulate.
- Points will be awarded, as follows, according to the round in which you exit the tournament.
PRIZES PER TOURNAMENT: Winners & Runners-up: Trophies and Medals