A MESSAGE FROM THE ORGANISERS
Most triathletes come to races with only a basic understanding of the rules of triathlon. Indeed, few have ever read through the Competitive Rules in their entirety. As this event is a community orientated event where we wish to offer all interested individuals of all ages and abilities the opportunity to compete in a triathlon, we rely on athletes to be as honest and as understanding as possible throughout all parts of the event in order for all to have an enjoyable experience on the day and in future races. In order to minimize misunderstandings on Race Day, I hope you will take the time to read the below details and look forward to seeing you at the race.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Hashtags:
#TriStar #TriStarFujairah #Fujairah #SuperSportsUAE #triathlon #LeMeridienAlAqah #SuperSportsEvents
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Entry Fee:
- 11.1km: AED350/-
- 33.3km: AED600/-
- 55.5km: AED600/-
- 111km: AED700/-
- Relay: AED400/- per person
- Monday, 19 March 2018 at midnight or if 300 entries are reached before this date.
- There is NO on the day registration.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who are a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 athletes get a group discount. Contact email@example.com for more information.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Entry Fee includes:
- Electronic Timing
- Official Race T-shirt, Cap & Draw String Bag
- Lunch BBQ
- Custom Finishers Medal
- Energy Gels & Drinks
- Downloadable Certificate
- Fruits and Refreshments
- Awards Ceremony
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Distances:
Course descriptions per distance:
- 111km – 1k swim ( 2 laps ) 100k bike (one loop ) 10k run ( 2 laps )
- 55.5km – 500m swim ( 1 lap ) 50k bike ( out and back turnaround at 25k mark ) 5k run (1lap)
- 33.3km – 300m swim ( 1 lap ) 30k bike ( 4 laps ) 3k (1 lap )
- 11.1km – 100m swim ( 1 lap ) 10k (1 lap ) 1k ( 1 lap )
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Age Groups:
- Age Groups are calculated as per your age on Race Day
- 11.1km – Under 12 years, 12-15 years, 16-18 years, 19+ years, Relay
- 33.3km – Under 19 years, 19-29 years, 30-34 years, 34-39 years, 40-44 years, 45-49 years, 50+ years, Relay
55.5km – Under 19 years, 19-29 years, 30-34 years, 34-39 years, 40-44 years, 45-49 years, 50+ years, Relay
- 111km – Under 30, 30-34 years, 34-39 years, 40-44 years, 45-49 years, 50+ years, Relay
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Race Day Program:
0530 Transition Opens / Race Check In Opens
0615 Transition Closes / Race Check In Closes
0630 Start 111
0700 Start 55.5
0715 Start 33.3
0730 Start 11.1
1100 Bike Cut Off
1200 Race Closure
1215 Prize Giving and BBQ
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Rules & Regulations:
- Participants must cover the prescribed course in its entirety to obtain a race result.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to know the course. Any wrong turns are your responsibility, regardless of the actions of race staff or volunteers.
- Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward an official.
- No participant shall accept from any person (other than a race official) physical assistance in any form.
- Participants shall plainly display their race numbers at all times.
- Follow the directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities
- No participant shall, at any time during the event, use or wear a hard cast, headset, radio or any other item deemed dangerous by the Race Organiser/s.
- No participant shall use his body, head, arms, or legs to gain an unfair advantage, or to push, pull, hold, strike, or force through one or more participants. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- No participant shall leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- Any person who participates in any portion of the event without first properly registering and paying any required registration fee will be disqualified unless special arrangements have been made with the Race Organiser/s.
- No person shall participate in a triathlon or other multi-sport events unless such person is trained adequately for that specific event, as might be expected of a prudent person entering: (a) a similar competition, and (b) is in excellent health, based on recent training, physical examinations, if any, and generally accepted standards of good health.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Race Numbers and Timing Chips:
- These will be included in your race pack and bib number must correspond to your chip number.
- Your race data consists of your race number, first & last names, your age category, and the event you have entered.
- Please check these and if there are any errors, email us as soon as possible (Events@SuperSportsUAE.com) so that we may correct your details, otherwise it may lead to incorrect race results and the wrong athletes receiving prizes at prize giving.
- Numbers must be worn for bike and run legs.
- Timing chip to be worn from start to finish.
- Timing Chips to be returned after finishing the race.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Pre-Race Race Pack Collection
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Race Pack Collection On Race Day
- Race packs can be collected from Race Check In on the day.
- Once you know your Race Number, proceed directly to the Race Pack collection desk and collect your collateral.
- These will be supplied by the organisers and feature at 1 station on the bike course, 2 stations on the run course as well as at the finish line.
- Participants may bring their own beverages as long as they are consumed within the transition area.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon RELAYS:
- Relay teams may consist of 2 or 3 different athletes and may be comprised of boys / girls / males / females.
- Teams participating in the race must enter all team members in order to receive your race number.
- The swimmer must ‘tag’ the cyclist who will be waiting at the entrance to transition at the SWIM IN banner. The cyclist must then “tag” the runner who will be waiting in the transition area near the RUN OUT banner before setting off to complete their leg of the Triathlon.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon END-OF-RACE PROCEDURES:
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish schute.
- Return your timing chip to designated marshal or collection box.
- Prize Giving will take place at the lunch BBQ awards ceremony.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Awards Ceremony:
- The Awards Ceremony will take place during the lunch time BBQ.
- Full results will be on the respective websites as soon as possible.
- Trophies for the top 3 Overall Male and Female distance winners.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places per Age Group per distance will be awarded.
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Race Director:
Warren van der Merwe
TriStar Fujairah Triathlon Contact Details:
Super Sports Events
Phone: +971 50 852 09150