A MESSAGE FROM THE ORGANISERS
Most triathletes come to races with only a basic understanding of the rules of triathlon. Indeed, few have ever read through the Competitive Rules in there entirety. As this event is a community orientated event where we wish to offer all interested individuals of all ages and abilities the opportunity to compete in a triathlon, we rely on athletes to be as honest and as understanding as possible throughout all parts of the event in order for all to have an enjoyable experience on the day and in future races. In order to minimize misunderstandings on Race Day, I hope you will take the time to read the below details and look forward to seeing you at the race.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON ENTRY FEE:
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED195/-
- Juniors (18yrs & under): AED150/-
- Relay: AED150/- per person
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children. Email email@example.com for the family discount code.
- There is NO on the day registration.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who are a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- Participants cancelling their entry before closing date will have their entry carried over to the next race date.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 athletes get a group discount. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Fruits and Refreshments
- Post Race Snack
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON ENTRIES CLOSE:
Monday at midnight before the respective race date. There is NO on the day registration.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON AGE GROUPS & DISTANCES:
- Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day.
- JUNIOR SUPER SPRINT – 180m swim, 5km cycle, 1.25km run
0 – 8 years, 9 – 12 years, Relay
- SUPER SPRINT- 375m swim, 10km cycle, 2.5km run
0 – 18 years, 19 years+, Relay
- SPRINT – 750m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run
0 – 18 years, 19 – 29 years, 30 – 34 years, 35 – 39 years, 40 – 44 years, 45 – 49 years, 50 – 54 years, 55 years+, Relay
- OLYMPIC – 1.5km swim, 40km cycle, 10km run
0 – 18 years, 19 – 29 years, 30 – 34 years, 35 – 39 years, 40 – 44 years, 45 – 49 years, 50 – 54 years, 55
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON RACE DAY PROGRAM:
- 06h30: Race Check In Opens, Transition Set Up and Warm Up
- 07h45: Race Briefing for ALL on beach.
- 08h00: Start –Super Sprint 13+ years Individual & Relay, Male & Female together
- 08h05: Start –Junior Super Sprint: Under 13 years Individual & Relay, Male & Female together
- 08h15: Start –Olympic Male Individual
- 08h20: Start –Sprint Male Individual
- 08h25: Start –Olympic & Sprint Female Individual and Olympic & Sprint Relay Teams
- 10h00: Junior Super Sprint & Super Sprint Prize Giving
- 10h30: TRANSITION OPENS
- 10h30: Sprint Prize Giving
- 11h00: Race Cut off Time for Olympic Prize Giving
- 11h05: Olympic Prize Giving
- 11h30: Official Race Cut Off Time for all distances
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON RULES & REGULATIONS:
- It is the participant’s responsibility to know the course. Any wrong turns are your responsibility, regardless of the actions of race staff or volunteers.
- Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward an official.
- No participant shall accept from any person (other than a race official) physical assistance in any form.
- Participants shall plainly display their race numbers at all times.
- Follow the directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities
- No participant shall, at any time during the event, use or wear a hard cast, headset, radio or any other item deemed dangerous by the Race Organiser/s.
- No participant shall use his body, head, arms, or legs to gain an unfair advantage, or to push, pull, hold, strike, or force through one or more participants. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- No participant shall leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- Any person who participates in any portion of the event without first properly registering and paying any required registration fee will be disqualified unless special arrangements have been made with the Race Organiser/s.
- No person shall participate in a triathlon or other multi-sport events unless such person is trained adequately for that specific event, as might be expected of a prudent person entering: (a) a similar competition, and (b) is in excellent health, based on recent training, physical examinations, if any, and generally accepted standards of good health.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON ON & OFF COURSE BIKE MECHANICS
Pre-Race: VELO PRESTO mechanics will be available from the beginning of registration on race day to assist with any basic repairs and maintenance on a first-come first-served basis. VELO PRESTO will not be able to assemble bicycles or carry out any complex or time-consuming repairs e.g. hydraulic systems etc.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON RACE NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS:
- These will be included in your race pack and bib number must correspond to your chip number.
- Your race data consists of your race number, first & last names, your age category, and the event you have entered.
- Please check these and if there are any errors, email us as soon as possible (email@example.com) so that we may correct your details, otherwise it may lead to incorrect race results and the wrong athletes receiving prizes at prize giving.
- Numbers must be worn for bike and run legs.
- Timing chip to be worn from start to finish.
- Bibs and chips to be returned after finishing the race.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON RACE PACK COLLECTION on RACE DAY:
- Race Packs can be collected from Race Check In on the day.
- Once you know your race number, proceed directly to the Race Pack collection desk and collect your race pack.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON WATER:
- These will be supplied by the organisers and feature at 2 stations on the Run course as well as at the finish line.
- No water stations will be available on the bike course
- Participants may bring their own beverages as long as they are consumed within the transition area.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON RELAYS:
- Relay teams may consist of 2 or 3 different athletes and may be comprised of boys / girls / males / females.
- Teams participating in the race must enter all team members in order to receive your race number.
- All relay team members must ensure that they are all the correct age for the respective event or final results will be according to oldest person’s age category.
- The swimmer must ‘tag’ the cyclist who will be waiting at the entrance to transition at the SWIM IN banner. The cyclist must then “tag” the runner who will be waiting in the transition area near the RUN OUT banner before setting off to complete their leg of the Triathlon.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON END-OF-RACE PROCEDURES:
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish schute.
- Return your race number and timing chip to designated marshal or collection box.
- Please check the ipads in the race village for your race finish time, this helps us to check that your result has been recorded.
- Prize Giving will follow as soon as possible once all athletes are finished.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON PRIZE GIVING:
- The presentation will take place as soon as possible after the last competitor is in from the respective race
- Full results will be on the respective websites as soon as possible.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website, after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Trophies will be presented to the top 3 finishers per distance per gender.
- Medals will be presented to the top 3 finishers per distance per gender per age group.
- You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize – in this way we can spread the prizes out amongst more athletes on race day.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON PHOTOS
- Photos can be found on Facebook: Super Sports Events and are posted 72 hours after race finish.
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON HASHTAGS:
#rasalkhaimahtriathlon #rasalkhaimah #raktda #almarjanisland #doubletreebyhilton#gritandtonic #triathlon #SuperSportsEvent
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON RACE DIRECTOR
Warren van der Merwe
RAS AL KHAIMAH TRIATHLON FOR ALL INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES:
Super Sports Events
Phone: +971 50 164 6967