SST SUPER SPRINT TRIATHLON SERIES
18 Nov ’17 | 20 Jan ’18 | 28 Apr ’18 | 12 May ’18
Rashid School for Boy’s, Nad Al Sheba, Dubai, UAE
The SST Super Sprint Triathlon Series is a collection of short, technical and intense races over varied formats mixing the standard swim / bike / run legs giving a new perspective to racing triathlons… Race distances will follow the 1:3:1 distance format where triathletes will swim 100m, bike 3km and run 1km, irrespective of the race format. Great for working on speed and transitions in a race set up, as well as for entry-level triathletes looking to get into the sport with the smaller distances.
These races will form part of the SUPER SPORTS TRIATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS – read more about the CHAMPIONSHIPS HERE.
Sat, 18 Nov 2017
Sat, 20 Jan 2018
Sat, 28 Apr 2018
Sat, 12 May 2018
Sat, 18 Nov 2017
Sat, 20 Jan 2018
Sat, 28 Apr 2018
Sat, 12 May 2018
Super Sprint Triathlon Hashtags:
#SuperSportsEvents #Triathlon #DubaiFitness #DubaiSportsCouncil
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED150/-
- Juniors (18yrs & under): AED100/-
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who are a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- Participants cancelling their entry before closing date will have their entry carried over to the next race date.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 athletes get a group discount. Contact email@example.com for more information.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Live Results through Facebook & Website
- Fruits and Refreshments
- ENTRIES CLOSE: 3 days before the respective race
1 = 100m swim – 5 laps of the swimming pool
3 = 1 lap bike = 3250m in total
1 = 1km run – 1 lap of the grass fields
AGE GROUP & CATEGORIES: (calculated as per your age on 01 October annually)
- Open Male: 19-39 years, 40+ years
- Open Female: 19-39 years, 40+ years
- Junior Male: under 13 years, 14 to 18 years
- Junior Female: under 13 years, 14 to 18 years
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Participants must cover the prescribed course in its entirety to obtain a race result and rankings points for that race.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to know the course. Any wrong turns are your responsibility, regardless of the actions of race staff or volunteers.
- Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward an official.
- No participant shall accept from any person (other than a race official) physical assistance in any form.
- Participants shall plainly display their race numbers at all times.
- No participant shall, at any time during the event, use or wear a hard cast or any other item deemed dangerous by the Race Organiser/s.
- No participant shall use his body, head, arms, or legs to gain an unfair advantage, or to push, pull, hold, strike, or force through one or more participants. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- No participant shall leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.
- Any person who participates in any portion of the event without first properly registering and paying any required registration fee will be disqualified unless special arrangements have been made with the Race Organiser/s.
- No person shall participate in a triathlon or other multi-sport events unless such person is trained adequately for that specific event, as might be expected of a prudent person entering: (a) a similar competition, and (b) is in excellent health, based on recent training, physical examinations, if any, and generally accepted standards of good health.
- VELO PESTO mechanics will be available from the beginning of registration on race day to assist with any basic repairs and maintenance on a first-come first-served basis.
- VELO PESTO will not be able to assemble bicycles or carry out any complex or time-consuming repairs e.g. hydraulic systems.
- For bike hire, please contact VELO PESTO on 050 275 8969 at least 7 days before the race to book your bike. NO bikes are available for hire on the day.
RACE NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS:
- To be collected on Race Day at registration.
- These will be included in your race pack and bib number must correspond to your chip number.
- Numbers must be worn for bike and run legs.
- Timing chip to be worn from start to finish.
- Bibs and chips to be returned after finishing the race.
These will be supplied by the organisers and feature only at the finish line. Participants may bring their own beverages as long as they are consumed within the transition area.
No relay teams available for these races – individuals only
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish chute.
- Finishers medals will be handed out after the last race of the day.
- Return your race number and timing chip to designated marshal or collection box.
- Prize Giving will follow as soon as possible once all athletes are finished.
- The presentation will take place as soon as the allotted time to complete the race has passed and results been checked fully.
- Full results will be on the respective websites as soon as possible after the race has finished.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, per Age Group, will be awarded per race.
- Overall top 3 male and females will be awarded trophies for winning their respective distances.
- Overall winners do not qualify for Age Group prizes on the day but receive full points toward their rankings.
RANKING SERIES & POINTS:
- These races form part of the SST TRIATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS Qualifying races – read more about the CHAMPIONSHIPS here.
- Every participant who completes a respective race will receive Ranking Points as per the table below.
- Only overall position rankings will count toward SST TRIATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS rankings.
- Points will accumulate over the races and contribute to an overall individual ranking position.
- Points will be allocated as follows for overall and age group finishing positions per race:
OVERALL – Ranking Points will be awarded to all as below relative to your overall finishing position per race per gender. Age is not a factor, only where you finished in your Gender. These points will accumulate over all the CHAMPIONSHIP Qualifying races.
||6 to 10
||11 to 19
||20 to 29
||30 to 39
||40 to 49
Warren van der Merwe
FOR ALL INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES:
Super Sports Events
Phone: +971 50 164 6967