SUPER SPORTS MINA MILE OPEN WATER SWIM SERIES 2017/18
11 Nov 2017 | 10 March 2018
1 Mile (1600m), 800m, 400m, 200m
8am Start, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi, Dubai, UAE
Barasti Beach at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is the place to be for some challenging fun in the sea and sun for this seasons Super Sports Mina Mile Swim Series. 200m, 400m, 800m and The Mile (1.6km) followed by a fun team relay. Enter once and swim in as many races as you want. Music, plenty of lifeguards out in the water, loads of supporters and a real community spirit. Discount for all Family & Group Entries. Plenty of covered parking in Barasti car park.
Saturday, 11 November 2017
Saturday, 10 March 2018
Saturday, 11 November 2017
Saturday, 10 March 2018
#LeMeridienMinaSeyahi #SuperSportsEvents #OpenWaterSwim #OpenWaterSwimming
#BarastiBeach #DubaiFitness #DubaiSportsCouncil
WATCH THE VIDEO CLIPS OF THE RACE:
Mina Mile Open Water Swim RACE 1 – 19 November 2016
Mina Mile Open Water Swim RACE 2 – 15 April 2017
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED175/-
- Juniors (18yrs & under): AED125/-
- Discounts are offered for families consisting of parents and children.
- Swimmers may swim in as many races as they wish on the day for the same entry fee.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- Participants cancelling their entry before closing date will have their entry carried over to the next race date.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 swimmers get a group discount. Contact email@example.com for more information.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
- Electronic Timing
- Swim Cap
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Live Results through Facebook & Website
- Fruits and Refreshments
- The Tuesday before the respective race.
AGE GROUPS & DISTANCES
- Age Groups are calculated as per your age on 01 OCTOBER 2017
- Male and Female categories for all age groups
- 200m: under 9 years, 9 to 12 years
- 400m: under 13 years, 13 to 18 years, 19 years & over
- 800m: under 13 years, 13 to 18 years, 19 years & over
- 1.6km: under 19 years, 19 to 39 years, 40 to 49 years, 50 years & over
RACE DAY PROGRAMME
- NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- BE CHECKED IN AT LEAST 30 MIN PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR FIRST RACE
07h00: Race Check In for ALL RACES OPENS
08h00: 200 meters
08h15: 800 meters
09h00: 400 meters, Race Check In for ALL RACES CLOSES
09h30: 1 Mile = 1600 meters
Relays: 10h30: 3 x 100 meters Relay Under
- 13 years – boys / girls / mixed teams
10h40: 3 x 100 meters Relay 13 – 18 years – boys / girls / mixed teams
10h50: 3 x 100 meters Relay 19 years & Over – boys / girls / adults / mixed teams
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- All participants must be medically fit and compete at their own risk
- All events will take place irrespective of the weather conditions, unless organizers deem conditions to be unsafe.
- No wet suits or swimming aids will be allowed in any events unless otherwise specified
- Swimmers will be disqualified for any of the following reasons
- Failing to obey organizers / officials / lifesavers instructions
- Receiving external assistance during the course of the race
- Unofficial substituting during relay events
- Any action that brings the event into disrepute
- If your course involves 1 or more laps, you will need to pass through the “GATE” in order to finish a lap and also for your last lap when exiting the water.
- Swimmers may use any stroke to propel themselves through the water, and may tread water or float.
- A participant may stand on the bottom or rest by holding an inanimate object such as a buoy, boat, rope or floating object.
- A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance must raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance.
- Swimmers, who have received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race, unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress.
- No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receive medical assistance.
- You’ll receive your race data via email once entries have closed by Wednesday at 2pm before race day.
SEE RACE NUMBER ALLOCATION link at the top of the page.
- We will also post to the Super Sports Events Facebook Page & Twitter account (@SprSportsEvents) once we upload the file.
- Your race data consists of your race number, first & last names, your age category, and the event you have entered.
- Please check these and if there are any errors, email us as soon as possible (Events@SuperSportsUAE.com) so that we may correct your details, otherwise it may lead to incorrect race results and the wrong swimmer receiving prizes at prize giving.
- You can collect your timing chip at Race Check In.
- Body markings will be used and applied on the day of the race at Race Check In.
- Please make sure you know your race number before you leave home, and then double-check that you have been given the correct number at Race Check In. Writing it on the back of hand before you leave home is a handy trick.
- Only our timing chips will be recognized by our timing system. If you are wearing a chip that we did not give you then you will not get any results.
- Depending on the race, your timing chip may be part of the race bib, or you may be given a neoprene and velcro band with the chip wear on your ankle.
- Please read the race briefing and listen to the briefing on race day too.
- This will be supplied by the organisers near the finish line.
- This is a FUN event so therefore no need to enter team as teams can be made up on the day of the race.
- Relay teams consist of 3 swimmers, each swimming 100m and may be comprised of boys / girls / males / females.
- All relay team members must ensure that they are all the correct age for the respective event or final results will be according to eldest person’s age category.
- The swimmer must ‘tag’ their fellow swimmer in the transition area or else face possible disqualification with final positions being taken when the 3rd swimmer crosses the finish line.
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish schute.
- Return your timing chip to designated marshal or collection box.
- Prize Giving will follow as soon as possible once all athletes are finished.
- The presentation will take place as soon as possible after the last competitor is in from the FUN Relay.
- Full results will be on the SUPER SPORTS website as soon as possible.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race – 1 medal per person.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places per Age Group will be awarded per race.
Warren van der Merwe
FOR ALL INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES:
Super Sports Events
Phone: +971 50 164 6967