The Hatta Hills Half Marathon offers the toughest and most challenging race runners in the UAE have faced over 21.1km Half Marathon and 10km. With spectacular scenery along the way, this running festival is for the whole family with 4 different distances to choose from on the day. All ages and abilities are invited and a mix of on and off-road running will be experienced by all runners!
Commencing from the lawns of the enchanting Hatta Fort Hotel, 21.1km Half Marathon and 10km runners will make their way out of the Hotel Main Entrance, up the palm tree lined avenue toward the Hatta Municipal Park where they will be treated to a 1km tarlton running surface. Runners will then face a 24% steep gradient incline as they ascend to the top of the dam and reservoir walls respectively to view the majestic Hajar Mountain Range. The course then descends onto the off-road part of the course where runners will navigate their way through the mountain range and wadi’s on a compact off-road surface. The turn-around for Half Marathon is literally a dead-end in the road in front of a sheer rock face before making their way back to the Hotel.
For the more sociable 5km and 2.5km runners, a X-Country course has been prepared within the beautiful and hilly grounds of the Hotel which will finish in the same place as all other runners on the morning.
Prize giving will be followed by a snack box breakfast with hot & cold beverages for all 21.1km Half Marathon, 10km, 5km and 2.5km runners and with many having spent the night at the hotel, it will be a perfect way to finish a fun-filled sporting weekend.
Discount on Family and Group Entries.
#SuperSportsEvents #HattaHills #HalfMarathon #Hatta #Running #DubaiFitness #DubaiSportsCouncil
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS OF THE RACE:
PUMA #IGNITEDXB Hatta Hills Run 2017
#IGNITEDXB Hatta Hills Run 2017
Tuesday at midnight before the race
ENTRY FEE: per competitor per race
- Juniors u19 years: 5km, 2.5km: AED125/-
- Juniors u19 years: 10km: AED175/-
- Adult: 10km, 5km, 2.5km: AED175/-
- 21.1km Half Marathon: AED200/-
- Discounts are offered for families consisting of parents and children.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be cancelled due to weather or venue issues, the credit / refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organised race.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 runners get a group discount. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Live Results through Facebook & Website
- Hot and cold beverages and snack breakfast
RACE DAY PROGRAM:
06H00 RACE CHECK IN OPENS & CLOSES AT 09H15
06H45 RACE BRIEFING
07H00 21KM START
07H05 10KM START
09H00 5KM START – Cross Country within the grounds of the Hotel
09H30 2.5KM START – Cross Country within the grounds of the Hotel
10H00 PRIZE GIVING and snack breakfast picnic box in the race village at Hatta Hotel
RACE DISTANCE SURFACES
- 21.1km Half Marathon – 80% tarred road, 20% hard compact gravel
- 10km – 90% tarred road, 10% hard compact gravel
- 5km – 10% tarred road, 90% trail running
- 2.5km – 10% tarred road, 90% trail running
RACE CATEGORIES & AGE GROUPS: (Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day)
- 21.1km Half Marathon – male and female – Under 30 years, 30 to 34, 35 to 39, 40 to 44, 45 to 49, 50 to 54, 55+
- 10km – male and female – Under 30 years, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50+
- 5km – male and female – Under 13 years, 13-18, 19 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50+
- 2.5km – male and female – Under 9 years, 9-12, 13 to 18, 19+
- Keep to the right-hand side of the road at all time – run in an anti-clockwise direction.
- You must have your run number visible on the front of your body or race clothing and keep it visible at all times when on the run course.
- Your upper body must be covered at all times during the race.
- Shoes are compulsory.
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.
These will be supplied by the organisers and feature every 2/3km on the course as well as at the finish line.
RACE NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS
To be collected on the morning of the race at Race Check In near the START / FINISH line.
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish chute
- Return your timing chip to designated marshal or collection box
- The Race presentation will take place as soon as possible after the final Race.
- Full results will be on the Super Sports websites as soon as possible after final competitor crosses the line.
- Finisher’s medals will be awarded to all who finish each race.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places per Age Group per distance will be awarded.
- Overall Distance winners will be awarded trophies and valuable prizes from associated sponsors.
Warren van der Merwe
FOR ALL INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES
Super Sports Events
Phone: +971 50 164 6967